There are 3 airport possibilities:
- Denver International Airport (DEN) located approximately 93 miles from Keystone Conference Center. It is the airport of choice of many of the attendees.
- Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) located approximately 72 miles from Keystone Conference Center. It offers a more limited flight selection.
- Colorado Springs Airport (COS) located approximately 148 miles from Keystone Conference Center.
United Airlines is offering special meeting fares for all attendees of the National Nurse Practitioner Symposium. Earn a 2% – 10% discount on United, United Express or certain United code share flights. The percentage of discount depends on the class of service booked. Special meeting fares are being offered for flights to/from Denver International Airport (DEN), Colorado Springs Airport (COS) and Eagle/Vail Airport (EGE).
To achieve maximum savings, book travel at www.united.com. Enter ZKCG807606 in the “Offer Code Box”. You may also book through your preferred travel agent or call United Meetings Reservations directly at 800-426-1122. Be sure to give your Z code, which is ZMQB and meeting code of 807606. For all tickets issued through United Meetings Reservations (800-426-1122), booking fees are waived for meeting reservations.
Epic Mountain Express is offering group rates for attendees of the National Nurse Practitioner Symposium. Epic Mountain Express, has spent over 20 years escorting over 300,000 guests annually from Denver to the front doors of their mountain homes and lodging destinations. Epic Mountain Express offers free Wi-Fi on all vehicles.
Denver to Keystone
- $59 one-way per person on shared ride service
- $252 one-way per 4-passenger private van
- $345 one-way per 4-passenger private SUV
- $391 one-way per 10-passenger private van
For reservations call Epic Mountain Express at 800-525-6363 and mention the Group ID “NP2023” or access Epic Mountain Express online reservations to receive these special rates. Advance reservations are recommended.
Your trip to Summit County is going to involve altitudes over 9,000’ and activities sometimes at an altitude of 11,000’ to 12,000’ if you traverse to the top of the mountains. These altitudes may cause altitude sickness which is normally manageable with a little rest and a lot of fluids. If you take the appropriate precautions in advance, you will lessen the negative impacts of altitude sickness. If you have any questions, please remember always to consult a physician first. There are additional high altitude travel tips for traveling to Summit County that will help to make your trip more comfortable in general.
Symptoms generally associated with mild to moderate altitude illness include:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
Tips for Avoiding Altitude Sickness:
- Arrive in the area well hydrated – for at least a week before arriving drink at least 64ozs (8 cups) of water per day.
- Do not travel immediately to 11,000’ – 12,000’ – avoid having dinner on top of the mountain the day that you arrive.
- Avoid alcohol and rich food the day that you arrive – many visitors think that they have food poisoning when in fact it is altitude sickness.
- Take Buffered Aspirin – it will increase the flow of blood and therefore oxygen to your brain and help you avoid altitude headaches, and the Buffered brands are not as likely to cause stomach problems.
- Take it easy the first day that you are at altitude.
- If you have experienced previous altitude sickness your physician can prescribe Diamox, that has to be taken prior to arriving at high altitude.
Tips for Alleviating Altitude Sickness:
- Drink a lot of hydrating liquids: water, sports drinks such as Gatorade
- Avoid alcohol
- Take Buffered Aspirin
- Take it easy and avoid a lot of exertion
- Check your oxygen level if you feel really ill and buy a small bottle of oxygen or have oxygen delivered if your levels are low
- Travel to a lower altitude if symptoms are severe and not improving
Other Tips for Traveling to High Altitude & Summit County:
- If time permits, consider traveling a day early and spend a night at a lower elevation (such as Denver) to allow your body to adjust to altitude gradually.
- Due to the lack of pressure, tubes of moisturizer, suntan lotion, shampoo etc may explode in your luggage as they expand. To avoid this happening, squeeze the tube and while holding the tube put the cap back on. This will give some space for the tube to expand. You may have to empty some of the contents for a new tube. Put all liquids in sealed plastic bags and make sure that you let all the air out of the baggie when closing to allow for it to expand. If some of your products do leak then at least the contents are not all over your luggage.
- The climate in Summit County is very dry so plan accordingly with moisturizer. A bottle of Saline solution is also a good idea and should be used to prevent the drying out of nasal passages that can cause nose bleeds.
- The sun at high altitudes is much stronger and we are fortunate in Colorado to have 300 days of sunshine per year. Pack at least an SPF 30 (15 is not strong enough for the sun’s intensity) and put it on whenever you venture outside.
- The temperatures can drop drastically when the sun goes down, a hat and gloves or mittens are the best way to stop your body’s heat loss.
- Decrease the amount of alcohol you consume from your normal amount, as it is stronger at higher altitudes.
Keystone offers a variety of accommodations to suit your needs. Hotel guest rooms, studios and one-bedroom condominiums work well for single and double occupancy housing. Larger condominiums provide additional space to allow attendees to bring their families or share accommodations with friends. National Nurse Practitioner Symposium participants are entitled to special group rates for lodging units in the following areas:
Keystone Lodge & Spa: A Four Diamond (AAA) property, offering three restaurants, a deli, business center, concierge, and spa with fitness center. The Lodge is accessible by complimentary resort shuttle or underground walk way to the Conference Center.
Hyatt Place: Located in the center of the resort offering spectacular views of Dercum Mountain, the surrounding peaks and the protected wetlands. Hyatt Place is a short complimentary shuttle ride to the Conference Center.
Conference Village: The Conference Village encompasses the Conference Center area and Keystone Lake. A limited number of lakeside condominiums surround the picturesque Keystone Lake and are a short walking distance to the Conference Center.
River Run: River Run is a lively, pedestrian village located at the base of Dercum Mountain. Many of Keystone’s signature events take place in the main plaza, the site of boutiques and shops, restaurants and lounges. River Run is a short complimentary shuttle ride to the Conference Center.
|Unit Type||Rate *|
|Gateway Mountain Lodge Studio||$135|
|Hyatt Place Suite||$177|
|Keystone Lodge & Spa Hotel Room||$166|
|Conference Village Studio||$166|
|Keystone Lodge & Spa Loft Style Hotel Room||$177|
|One Bedroom Condo (Conference Village or River Run)||$185|
|Two Bedroom Condo (Conference Village or River Run)||$278|
|Three Bedroom Condo (Conference Village or River Run)||$334|
* Rates exclude tax and surcharge (resort fees have been waived)
Reservations: Reference Group Code BKRNPS23 (for Keystone properties) or Group Code G-NN23 (for Hyatt Place) when making reservations
– Phone: (855) 332-1601 for Keystone properties or (800) 993-4759 for Hyatt Place
– Online: CLICK HERE for Keystone Properties or CLICK HERE for Hyatt Place
– E-mail: email@example.com for Keystone properties or firstname.lastname@example.org for Hyatt Place
Keystone Resort Deposit Policy: Credit card guarantee at time of booking. Two days before arrival, non-refundable full/final balance is due.
Hyatt Place Resort Deposit Policy: The credit card is automatically charged for final payment fourteen (14) days prior to arrival. Reservations can be cancelled 24 hours outside of the arrival date with a forfeiture of the $50.00 deposit. Cancellation within 24 hours of the arrival date will result in the forfeiture of the entire reserved stay.
Cancellation Policy: Non-refundable if cancelled two days or less before arrival date.
Cutoff Date: Room rates are valid through and including June 19, 2023. After June 19, 2023 rooms and rates are subject to availability. Early reservations are recommended as rooms, or certain types of rooms, may sell out prior to June 19, 2023.
Check In/Check Out: Check in time is 4:00pm/Check out time is 10:00am
Incidentals/Damage Pre-authorization: At check-in, your credit/debit card will be pre-authorized for 30% of the total room charge to secure payment for incidentals, and possible damage to the accommodations. Unused funds will be released upon check-out and available according to your credit/debit card issuer’s processing timeframe.
Roommate Referral Service: If you are interested in sharing a condo click here to connect with others that would like to share a condo.
Note: Most lodging units do not have air conditioning. Portable fans can be requested and will be provided based on availability.
Other: All lodging requests and questions should be directed to (855) 332-1601 .
Avis Rent-A-Car is offering special rates for all attendees of the National Nurse Practitioner Symposium. These special rates are being offered at Denver International Airport (DEN), Colorado Springs Airport (COS) and Eagle/Vail Airport (EGE) locations.
For reservations call your professional travel agent or call Avis at 800-331-1600 or access Avis online reservations and mention AWD – J992313 to receive these special rates.
The National Nurse Practitioner Symposium Roommate Referral Service is designed as a means of allowing like-minded individuals to find each other in order to defray the cost of lodging at the Symposium. The participants themselves are responsible for all arrangements. The National Nurse Practitioner Symposium takes no responsibility for the outcome of any arrangements made.
- Submit your referral request
- View referral requests from females
- View referral requests from males
- Delete your referral request