Standup comedian and former Registered Nurse, Nancy Norton brings her hilarious, educational, and memorable presentation about the many benefits of humor to you. Laugh and Learn — explore the concept
Standup comedian and former Registered Nurse, Nancy Norton brings her hilarious, educational, and memorable presentation about the many benefits of humor to you. Laugh and Learn — explore the concept that humor is a basic human need that helps us stay healthy, de-stress, cope with trauma, and enhances creative problem solving. Hear Nancy’s insight on how humor has been proven to benefit businesses, families, relationships, and individuals by reducing stress and trauma triggers, while simultaneously increasing creative problem solving, team building, bonding, conflict resolution, resilience, job retention, overall joy, immunity, and good health. One of her passions is helping people remember the joy and empowerment one gets from being in the present moment. Key points in this Keynote presentation are:
• How many laughs per day are needed to maintain health
• How humor reduces anxiety, fear, triggers, stress and stress hormones and boosts the immune system and overall health
• How to recognize signs of stress when humor is most needed
• What role humor plays on moods
• The memory, mental acuity and problem solving benefits of humor
• How humor impacts social needs and facilitates bonding
• The role humor plays in leadership, resilience and job retention.
Nancy Norton, BSN, is the winner of the 2018 Boston Comedy Festival. She has appeared in Evening at the Improve on A & E, as well as Amazon Prime Video and PBS, plus has been featured on Nickmom Out on Nickelodeon. In addition to her comedian background, Nancy has held healthcare related positions at Professional Pediatric Home Care, Personal Assistance Services of Colorado (PASCO), Queen’s Medical Center, and Mercy Hospital.
Nancy Norton, BSN; Standup Comedian and former Registered Nurse; Lafayette CO
(Thursday) 10:00 am - 11:00 am